Re: [EXIM] sender_reject_recipients problem?

トップ ページ
このメッセージを削除
このメッセージに返信
著者: Philip Hazel
To: C. Foster
CC: Exim Users
題目: Re: [EXIM] sender_reject_recipients problem?
On Tue, 5 May 1998, C. Foster wrote:

> So, I decided to add
>
> CyberMarketing@???
>
> to my sender_reject_recipients list. This list is actually a dbm
> file, but I did remember to rebuild it.

... with what program? The default action of exim_dbmbuild is to
lowercase the keys. This is because it was originally written as a tool
for turning alias files into DBM files, and you normally want alias
local parts to be lower cased. There is a -nolc option to exim_dbmbuild
which turns off the lower casing (as of 1.92).

The current situation, where one normally wants case-free handling of
local parts in local domains on Unix systems, but you have to preserve
the case of local parts in remote domains (because the RFC says so) is
unbelievably confusing, and also tricky to get right. I always need
plenty of wet towels round my head when trying to think through what
goes on with the casing of local parts. (There is no problem with
domains because they are defined to be case-independent. Would that it
were so for all local parts too!)

> It looks like the address CyberMarketing@??? is *not* matching
> the entry in sender_reject_recipients. I also tried
>
> ^[Cc]yber[Mm]arketing@???$
>
> in sender_reject_recipients, but that failed to match either sender
> address.

I've just tried that, and it matched both for me. You can use the -bh
option for testing this kind of thing.

If you want to use a DBM file, the @@ style of lookup helps because
domains are caseless and are looked up in lower case. The local parts
can then be caseful as necessary.