Re: [EXIM] Exim seg faulting and messages not bouncing...

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Georg v.Zezschwitz
A: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [EXIM] Exim seg faulting and messages not bouncing...
On Tue, May 05, 1998 at 12:45:53PM +0200, Dave Rynne wrote:

> Has anyone else out there had similar problems and if so, what's the best
> work around?

Something like this occured on one of our machines.

The mainboard turned out to be faulty. You should try to compile
the Linux kernel e.g. 10 times - if the compile process stops
with "signal 11", your hardware is to blame.

At our site Exim mostly crashed when forking. The child process
that was launched to send a warning message to the sender after
several days died.

By that, messages never got bounced and stayed in the queue.

You might mail the result of

"strace -f exim -M message-id"

to me - however, another mystique about this phenomena was, that
the crash sometimes did not appear when you called exim by strace.

(This is a bit similiar to your findings).

Greetings,

Georg