著者: Philip Hazel
To: John Horne
CC: exim-users
題目: Re: [EXIM] Read-only eximon
On Tue, 5 May 1998, John Horne wrote:

> A quick question. Has anyone got eximon running in a 'read-only' mode so that
> 'the management' can see that the mail is going through, but not allowing any
> of the usual functions - looking at message logs, deleteing messages, etc? At
> present we have a monitor which is constantly displaying eximon. However, the
> PC passworded screensaver kicks in to prevent anyone from doing anything.
> (It's really only 'used' by the postmasters).

Eximon is not privileged. It "does things" by calling Exim. Therefore,
in order for it to be possible for it to do anything, it has to be
called by a user who could do that same thing by calling Exim. Its log
display is done just by reading the log files - so the user has to be
able to do that. Similarly, to display the queue files the user needs to be
able to read the input directory.