[EXIM] Pipes.

Autor: Jonathan Kop
A: exim-users
Assumpte: [EXIM] Pipes.
Hi,

I have tried to setup Majordomo to work with Exim by setting up a
director to handle Majordomo aliases. The setup looks like:

majordomo:
driver = aliasfile
domains = lsearch;/etc/exim/majordomo.aliases
file = /etc/exim/majordomo.aliases
search_type = lsearch
user = majordom
group = majordom

This is the first director checked.

The trusted users configuration is:

trusted_users = mail:majordom

Exim runs as 'mail' (uid=8) and the binary is setuid root. Majordomo's
'wrapper' binary is also setuid root.

Now when I send mail to majordomo it returns an error and the paniclog
records the following:

1998-05-04 19:49:47 0yWPN1-0008R2-00 Unable to get root to set uid and gid
for local delivery to |/usr/local/majordomo/wrapper majordomo: uid=8 euid=8

(Shouldn't euid maybe be 0?? I don't know.)

If I do not specify the user as majordom, the error message says that
'...neither the majordomo director nor the address_pipe transport specify
a uid for delivery...' or something similar.

This same error message occurs for every pipe address in the aliases file,
not only majordomo. I get this error message for a delivery notification
system written in Perl that can be executed by anyone.

Does anyone have any suggestions or ideas about what's happening here?

Thanks, cheers,

Jonathan Kop,
Global Internet Access Systems Administration.
jonkop@???