著者: Craig Foster
To: exim-users
題目: [EXIM] Envelope sender problem...
Hi folks,

Got a bit of a problem that's not caused by Exim, but I wondered
if anyone else has seen anything similar. Here goes...

Message received on Exim mailhub with valid env sender and a From
header of

From: "Bob.Roberts" <Bob.Roberts>

The recipient is a known user whose mailbox resides on a local NetWare
server (running Mercury). The recipient autoforwards their mail
to another server, via the mailhub. Problem is, this forwarded
message then has an env sender of Bob.Roberts. The hub accepts
unqualified sender addresses from all campus hosts (inc. this
NetWare server) and "leicester.ac.uk" is appended. Then, the sender
Bob.Roberts@??? is rejected as an unknown user (I have
sender_try_verify=true).

Now, the problem appears to be with Mercury. Rather than sending
from the forwarding user, it is for some reason using the original
address in the From: header as the env sender. This is bizarre,
but apparently cannot be changed.

I realise that From: <Bob.Roberts> is bad. Is there any way around
this problem apart from asking Bob to put a fq address in his header?

Just curious...

Craig

Craig Foster                                         cf2@???
Network Support                                     0116 252 2245
University of Leicester Computer Centre     Leicester LE1 7RH, UK