Re: [EXIM] Exim 1.81 core dumps with exiwhat

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Jasper Wallace
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [EXIM] Exim 1.81 core dumps with exiwhat
On Wed, 29 Apr 1998, Jasper Wallace wrote:

> One of our users is sending a 5Mb file to someone and it's crashing exim
> when i run exiwhat whilst it's in the middle of delivering it.

> >From the end of:
> ./bin/exim -d20 -M 0yUTS2-0003PM-00
>
> [snip]
> writing data block size=8326 timeout=300
> LOG: 0 PROCESS
> 14031 1.81 delivering 0yUTS2-0003PM-00 to smtpmail.netlink.co.uk [194.88.140.3] (ian@???)
> write incomplete (4056)

That "write incomplete" message suggests that the write() system call
got interrupted by the SIGUSR1 of exiwhat. This isn't supposed to happen
on systems where exiwhat works as it should - because Exim sets the
SIGUSR1 signal to be restartable.

> IRIX box 5.3 11091812 IP22 mips

The comments in the code suggest that it is possible to set up a
restarting signal in IRIX.

> Should we upgrade to 1.91?

I haven't found anything in the ChangeLog that looks like it relates to
this, but there have been a lot of changes since 1.81, so it is possible
that things are now different. I suggest you try with 1.92 (released
this morning) and see if the problem is still there. If it is, let me
know and I will try to reproduce it and fix it.

Philip