Re: [EXIM] version 1.91 patch for Debian 1.3.1 Linux

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Steven A. Reisman
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [EXIM] version 1.91 patch for Debian 1.3.1 Linux
On Tue, 28 Apr 1998, Steven A. Reisman wrote:

> I copied "exim-1.90/OS/os.h-Linux" over to "exim-1.91/OS/os.h-Linux-libc5"
> and 1.91 compiled cleanly. Here's a patch to put the #define back in:

Thanks for discovering what the problem was folks, but this patch is not
the right way to fix it. There is a fudge in the script file
Configure-os.h that checks for older versions of Linux. The comment says

# Special-purpose fudge for older versions of Linux (pre 2.1.15) that
# use the structure name "options" instead of "ip_options".

It modifies the file OS/os.h-Linux by adding the lines

/* Fudge added because this Linux doesn't appear to have a definition
for ip_options in /usr/include/linux/ip.h. */

#define ip_options options

The re-arrangement of the Linux compiling mechanism to split it into two
versions (Linux and Linux-libc5) caused the fudge to fail, because it
didn't recognize the os name Linux-libc5.

I have fixed this problem, and issued yet another release (1.92) because
there has been one other minor (but possibly important) change - a bug
in the PCRE regular expression library got fixed yesterday.

Sorry about this. I should have been more thorough in the testing.