Re: [EXIM] version 1.91 problems

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Jeffrey Goldberg
A: Pollywog
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [EXIM] version 1.91 problems
On Tue, 28 Apr 1998, Pollywog wrote:

> gcc -c -O    -I. smtp_in.c
> smtp_in.c: In function `smtp_setup_msg':
> smtp_in.c:833: sizeof applied to an incomplete type
> smtp_in.c:874: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
> smtp_in.c:904: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
> make[1]: *** [smtp_in.o] Error 1
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/etc/exim/build-Linux-libc5-i386'
> make: *** [go] Error 2

I don't quite know how all the Makefiles and build scripts are set-up, but
just taking a quick look at the relavent bits of code that failed.

   832          #if (!defined __GLIBC__) || (__GLIBC__ < 2)
   833          int optlen = sizeof(struct ip_options) + MAX_IPOPTLEN;
   834          struct ip_options *ipopt = store_malloc(optlen);
   835          #else
   836          struct ip_opts ipoptblock;
   837          struct ip_opts *ipopt = &ipoptblock;
   838          int optlen = sizeof(ipoptblock);
   839          #endif

The others places are similar in that they have the same
#if

It looks like you "should" according to the assumtions of the code, have
__GLIBC__ defined (probably to 5), but don't. This is info that should
be coming from your C compiler. Unless your Linux system is truly
ancient, I find it hard to imagine that you are using something that
isn't GLIBC 4, 5, or 6.

I know that none of this is of any immediate help, but maybe what
I say will help someone else on the list come up with a more useful
comment (including telling me that I am completely wrong, if I am).

-j
--
Jeffrey Goldberg                +44 (0)1234 750 111 x 2826
 Cranfield Computer Centre      FAX         751 814