著者: Jim Tittsler
To: Craig Foster
CC: exim-users
題目: Re: [EXIM] ident
On Fri, Apr 17, 1998 at 10:34:28AM +0100, Craig Foster wrote:
> Just a quickie. Is it possible to prevent Exim from trying to
> obtain RFC 1413 identification from a remote host? If so, is

This seems a bit ambiguous. If you never want to do ident, you can set
rfc1413_query_timeout to 0. If you don't want to do it for a specific
remote host, you could set rfc1413_except_hosts to the host name. Check
the rfc1413_* options in an Exim specification near you.

> this advisable? I don't have any ident strings in any host lists.

Having ident information can be helpful if you need to find out which
user at a big site was running the mail process.

--
Jim Tittsler, Singapore    http://starship.skyport.net/crew/jtittsler/
Singapore-- home of Exim Arts, a folk arts/crafts retailer