Re: [EXIM] Strange message sizes after upgrading to 1.90...

トップ ページ
このメッセージを削除
このメッセージに返信
著者: Philip Hazel
To: Georg v.Zezschwitz
CC: exim-users
題目: Re: [EXIM] Strange message sizes after upgrading to 1.90...
On Tue, 14 Apr 1998, Georg v.Zezschwitz wrote:

> What about the following suggestions?:
>
>   - Including the headers at queueing time rather than at delivery
>     time (they should not change in the meantime).

Not true, since there are header adding/deleting features for all
drivers now. And even without those, headers get rewritten as part of
the routing (e.g. ph10@cus gets turned into ph10@??? within
the cam.ac.uk domain).

> A single file
>     that might be "dumped" down a channel would clean up the
>     delivery code a bit.

Given the header adding/rewriting, I think I disagree with this.

>   - Saving messages
>       - in CRLF-notation.

Why? We deliver far more messages locally than we deliver remotely, and
I'm sure this is true of many sites. Therefore, saving in local format
makes sense.

>     or
>       - keeping the numbers of lines in the message so the real
>         size might be calculated.

That might be possible. Exim would also have to keep the number of lines
starting with "."