Re: [EXIM] Reverse lookups on EXIM

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Paul Mansfield
A: Philip Hazel
Cc: Exim users mailing list
Asunto: Re: [EXIM] Reverse lookups on EXIM
On Tue, 14 Apr 1998, Philip Hazel wrote:
> Likewise, the default configuration is set up to do RFC 1413 ident
> callbacks. It seems that too many systems time these out instead of
> giving an immediate "connection refused". The timeout was reduced from
> 60 to 30 seconds in Exim 1.90 because of this.

I discovered why this can be a big problem for some people.

If the network relies on a filtering router, then some routers like Proteon
kit don't allow the filter to be set to REJECT, just DROP... thus if the
router doesn't let ident through, Exim will just timeout.

I thus set our timeout to 15s, the minimum I figured it'd work, and it
seems to be OK. The standard/default 60s did cause problems.

Paul