Re: [EXIM] DNS

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Richard Welty
A: Paul Mansfield, Evan Leibovitch
Cc: Exim Users Mailing List
Asunto: Re: [EXIM] DNS
At 03:29 PM 4/14/98 +0100, Paul Mansfield wrote:
>On Tue, 14 Apr 1998, Evan Leibovitch wrote:
>> - make workarounds which effectively change the standard to suit MS's
>> whims?
>2) conversely, customers who say "we don't understand"... or even "what's
>SMTP", neither know HOW the underscores got their, WHAT they have to do to

fix
>it, or WHY they should fix it at all. Sometimes its very senior technical
>people who *should* understand but just don't want to admit their ignorance
>that are the worst - usually they had a consultant do the work, who has long
>gone, and don't dare admit to anyone that they have no idea how their email
>works anymore.

we just educated our chief M$ proponent the other day. it was ugly.

he put in an _ and discovered that our exim mail hub wouldn't mail from the
host. he rebuilt the server (you can't just change the name with exchange,
you have to reinstall the whole @$#$@@ mess) with a - instead of the _ --
and discovered that M$ SQL Server breaks if the host name has a - in it. he
had to rebuild the server one more time.

he swears he'll never use a - or a _ again.

cheers,
richard (standard? what's a standard?)