Re: [EXIM] DNS

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Christopher Purnell
A: Exim Users Mailing List
Asunto: Re: [EXIM] DNS
Greg A. Woods wrote:

> But there *MUST* be (according to the DNS specification)! ;-)

There seems to be more and more broken DNSs these days and most of
them seem to be running NT.

> I'm not surprised if Exim goes into a loop trying to find one -- I would
> too!
>
> The target of an MX must be a canonical hostname, i.e. a name with at
> least one A RR.

If the target of a MX record must have an A record why look for a MX
record if you can't find an A record?

> Exim should probably bounce the message with a "host not found" error,
> perhaps with some detail saying that the MX is broken. I suppose it
> could also freeze the message and alert the postmaster so she an go and
> bug the owner of the MX for a fix.

No, the correct behaviour is to deliver to one of the other targets of
the MX record.

This is really causing us problems and I really need some sort of fix
for it. Especially since some idiot moved all our machines from
Oxford, where we are, to London.

--
Christopher John Purnell