[EXIM] Reverse lookups on EXIM

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Paul Brown
A: exim-users
Asunto: [EXIM] Reverse lookups on EXIM
hi again,

another query.. When connecting to the exim server on port 25, it
sometimes takes several seconds to log me into the exim server (ie between
it displaying "Escape character is..." to when the exim 'greeting' message
pops up.

I seem to recall this having something to do with reverse lookups, but am
no longer too convinced ;). I did disable reverse lookups at compile time,
but it still seems to take a while.

Could someone tell me why it takes a while to connect, and also how to fix
this. It is a little annoying to wait several seconds to send a mail just
a few bytes big.

thanks in advance,
paul

Paul Brown