Re: [EXIM] Curious rejected message

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Tabor J. Wells
A: djc
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [EXIM] Curious rejected message
On Tue, Apr 07, 1998 at 04:37:13PM -0400,
Dave C. <djc@???> is thought to have said:

> I might be wrong, but I am fairly certain that there are two valid
> RFC-822 formats:
>
> "comment string (quotes not always needed but always valid)" <address@???>
> address@??? (comment string (quotes not needed) in parentheses)
>
> and that the format:
>
> <address@???> "comment string (with or without parentheses)"
>
> is not valid, and the "comment string" will appear as extraneous
> characters at the end of the address..

Yes this was it exactly. Thanks for clearing the fog in my head. :)

> Even if it was valid, it appears that the users MUA is sending that as:
>
> <<address@??? "(comment string)">
>
> You see how the <> enclose the entire string, anything enclosed by <>
> is taken as the functional part of an address.

Exim inserted the extra pair of <> in the error message. The MUA was
definitely sending <address@???> "(comment string)"

Tabor

Tabor J. Wells                                          twells@???
Shore.Net Systems Admin.     Just another victim of the ambient morality