Re: [EXIM] Filtering of obscenities....

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Nigel Metheringham
To: Rob Lingelbach
CC: Philip Hazel, Nigel Cass, exim-users
Betreff: Re: [EXIM] Filtering of obscenities....

rob@??? said:
} sometimes my procmail recipes that filter on these words do trap a
} bona fide message, but it seems that about 99% of the time they work
} to filter after exim... the messages are stored in a spamfolder and
} I'm mailed notification of this (many times a day!).

Problem with this is does it scale, and can it be used on a complete mail
server.

I guess you *could* use procmail as your MDA and then filter on stuff
going into user mailboxes, but that tells you who is receiving
obscenities, rather than sending them. There is no good way of putting
this into the outgoing stream (or could you add it as a transport
filter....?).

Even so, each word you go for is requiring a grep of the body. A few 10MB
emails with 30 words looked for in each might well do interesting things
to your server load (or just run out of memory - procmail tends to eat it).

BTW when looking at my exim filter example, remember that the
$message_body is limited to 500 characters by default.

    Nigel.

--
[ Nigel.Metheringham@???   -  Systems Software Engineer ]
[ Tel : +44 113 207 6112                   Fax : +44 113 234 6065 ]