Re: [EXIM] HELP!!! Eeeeeek... can't compile exim on RedHat 5…

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Nigel Metheringham
A: Philip Hazel
Cc: Mark Baker, Kevin P. Fleming, exim-users
Asunto: Re: [EXIM] HELP!!! Eeeeeek... can't compile exim on RedHat 5.0 :-(((

ph10@??? said:
} As I am not a Linux person, I cannot answer the last question. If some
} Linux guru out there can give me a prescription for detecting this
} difference, then it would be straightforward to arrange for there to
} be a different set of building files. Does "uname -r" do something
} like this on Linux? If so, please could somebody send me the output
} it produces on the different types of Linux system?

uname gives the kernel version, rather than the libraries version, and the
2 are not at all closely related.

My hack to make a system which builds on both is to have this in the build
script

if ldd /bin/ls | fgrep -s 'libc.so.6'
then
        echo 'LIBRESOLV = -lresolv -lnsl' >>Local/Makefile-Linux
fi

ie I hack the Makefile if ls is linked against libc version 6.

    Nigel.
--
[ Nigel.Metheringham@???   -  Systems Software Engineer ]
[ Tel : +44 113 207 6112                   Fax : +44 113 234 6065 ]