RE: Re: [EXIM] I can't get exim to deliver mail to local use…

トップ ページ
このメッセージを削除
このメッセージに返信
著者: Philip Hazel
To: Pollywog
CC: exim-users
題目: RE: Re: [EXIM] I can't get exim to deliver mail to local users!
On Tue, 31 Mar 1998, Pollywog wrote:

> I thought of that, that it might be causing my problems as well, so I took a
> look to see if the sticky bit was set. Well, I was even more confused to find
> that Exim is not using /var/spool/mail.

/var/spool/mail is where Exim puts users' mailboxes by default. If it
ain't delivering, it ain't putting anything there.

> I do not know where the mail is going, just that it is being deferred.

It is sitting on Exim's internal spool, which is the "input" directory
inside Exim's private spool area - called /var/spool/exim or whatever
you may have configured. You can see what is there by running the
command "exim -bp".

> Is
> /var/spool/mail the default mail directory? Should I put user directories
> there?

It is where user mailboxes are put *by the default configuration*. You
can change this to put them where you want - but of course this must be
the same place that your User Agents (Pine, mh, Elm, whatever) expect to
find them. See the comments in the default runtime configuration file.