Re: [EXIM] I can't get exim to deliver mail to local users!

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Chris Faehl
A: comms
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [EXIM] I can't get exim to deliver mail to local users!

> I have installed exim v1.82 on redhat linux.
>
> The hostname is mail
> The domain is cis.co.uk
>
> I have defined users using the control panel and mail files have been
> created for these users in /var/spool/mail.
> I have set the sticky bit for /var/spool/mail.
> I have amended the local_delivery transport in the exim configuration file
> as follows:
> local_delivery:
>         driver=appendfile
>         file=/var/spool/mail/${local_part}

> By executing 'exim -bP' I can verify that local_domains = mail.cis.co.uk
> By executing' exim -brw username' I can verify that all the addresses would
> be set to username@???
> By executing 'exim -v -bt username' I get the following:
> username@???
>         local delivery to username in domain mail.cis.co.uk
>         director = localuser, transport = local_delivery

> Why is it that when I send a mail message to username@??? it just
> sits in the exim input spool directory and doesn't get delivered to the
> user's mail file in /var/spool/mail?
>
> I've never set up a mail server before and know that I've probably forgotten
> something really basic but for the life of me I can't see what it is.
>
> Could someone please advise me?

Just a hunch - but do you have local_domains set? A useful value might
be:

local_domains = *.cis.co.uk, mail.cis.co.uk, cis.co.uk

My understanding of this directive is that it tells exim what mail should
be considered 'final' delivery on a given box.

> --
> *** Exim information can be found at http://www.exim.org/ ***

Chris Faehl                  | Email: cfaehl@???
The University of New Mexico          | URL:   http://www.cs.unm.edu/~cfaehl
Computer Science Dept., Rm. FEC 313   | Phone: 505/277-3016
Albuquerque, NM  87131  USA           | FAX:   505/277-6927