Re: [EXIM] allowing anyone to see the mail queue

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Philip Hazel
To: Paul Mansfield
CC: Exim users mailing list
Betreff: Re: [EXIM] allowing anyone to see the mail queue
On Fri, 27 Mar 1998, Paul Mansfield wrote:

> close(5)                                        = 0
> LOG: 0 MAIN
>   3 args: exim -d9 -bp

You have set log_arguments in your configuration file. It is attempting
to do so. It should be able to, since it should be privileged in order
to do the -bp. It manages to log them on my Solaris 2 machine.

> hmmm, to misquote someone famous... "is this a bug I see before me"?

An infelicity, maybe. I deduce you are running Exim under some
non-privileged uid? I suppose it could check, when about to log
arguments, whether it is root or exim. I've made a note. However, I'm
not going to claw back the next release, which I have just built.