[EXIM] allowing anyone to see the mail queue

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Paul Mansfield
Betreff: [EXIM] allowing anyone to see the mail queue

This is on Sparc/Solaris2.5.1...

I've tried doing o+rx on the log directory, chmod o+r on the log files,
but when I do

    exim -bp

I get

could not open panic log: aborting
original error was: 1998-03-27 09:37:19 Cannot open main log file
"/var/spool/exim/log/mainlog": Permission denied

It does mean anyone can then "tail -f mainlog" which is good, but then
exicyclog resets the protection when it cycles the log files; again,
I could hack the script but there must be a proper way.

If I do 'chmod u+s exim' then I get the behaviour I want, which is to allow
any non-privileged user to see the mail queue (and that's all, I've seen
the admin users settings, but that would be going too far).

Any suggestions please?

Paul