Re: [EXIM] dnews error calling sendmail shows up with exim

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Jeffrey Goldberg
CC: dnews, exim-users
Subject: Re: [EXIM] dnews error calling sendmail shows up with exim
On Tue, 24 Mar 1998, Jeffrey Goldberg wrote:

> So, it looks like Solaris is doing something different. But the
> document continues ...
>
>    When this switch is specified, sendmail gathers recipient names from
>    the To:, Cc:, and Bcc: header lines.  It also gathers recipient names
>    from its command line if any were listed there.  Duplicates are
>    discarded, and the message is delivered to all that remain.

I have been sent this by a Sendmail 8.8.8 user (who I don't think will
mind me quoting it - anonymously - in public):

  >   -t   Read message for recipients. "To:", "Cc", and "Bcc:" lines will
  >        be scanned for people to send to. The "Bcc:" line will be deleted
  >        before transmission. Any addresses in the argument list will be
  >        suppressed.

sendmail 8.8.8 is very similar. However the final sentence is replaced with:

"Any addresses in the argument vector will be deleted from the send list."

> I know is that with sendmail 8.8.5 and 8.7.5, the line in my dnews.conf
> of
>
>    /usr/lib/sendmail -t %s

> did deliver to addresses such as "news" which were specified in %s and
> in the To line of the input.

Anybody care to try this with sendmail 8.8.8 or later?