Re: [EXIM] dnews error calling sendmail shows up with exim

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Jeffrey Goldberg
Cc: dnews, exim-users
Asunto: Re: [EXIM] dnews error calling sendmail shows up with exim
On Tue, 24 Mar 1998, Jeffrey Goldberg wrote:

> With the incorrect setting the behavior was that the mail would
> be sent with no recipients (usually), becuase when the -t is present,
> exim treats command line arguments as addresses *not* to deliver to
> (as stated very clearly in the exim documentation).
>
> Presumably, sendmail's behavior in this case is undocumented (or should
> be an error).

I don't know about newer versions of sendmail, but on the man page for
sendmail for Solaris 2.3 it says:

  -t   Read message for recipients. "To:", "Cc", and "Bcc:" lines will
       be scanned for people to send to. The "Bcc:" line will be deleted
       before transmission. Any addresses in the argument list will be
       suppressed.

I *thought* I was making Exim sendmail-compatible in this regard.