[EXIM] eximon

Author: Philip Hazel
To: djc
CC: exim-users
Subject: [EXIM] eximon
On Fri, 20 Mar 1998, Dave C. wrote:

> Hrm.. I'd like to run eximon on some of our servers, that do not have
> the X system installed, and have eximon display its ourput on an X
> workstation. The exim binary links to the X dynamic libraries, which
> are not present on the servers. Is there any way to get a statically
> linked binary of eximon? This is on i486/Linux-2.0.33

I'm not an expert on these things, but presumably there is some option
for the linker that says "static link" isn't there? Ah yes, on Solaris,
"man ld" tells me

     -B dynamic|static
                 Options governing library inclusion.  -B dynamic
                 is  valid  in  dynamic mode only.  These options
                 may be specified any number of times on the com-
                 mand  line  as toggles:  if the -B static option
                 is given, no shared  objects  will  be  accepted
                 until  -B  dynamic  is  seen.

Dunno if this is the same on Linux...

The makefile has the following as part of the line that builds the
eximon binary:

             $(LIBS) $(LIBS_EXIMON) $(EXTRALIBS) $(EXTRALIBS_EXIMON)

so you can put these kinds of option in LIBS_EXIMON.