[EXIM] Spool directory on NFS ?

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: James FitzGibbon
A: exim-users
Asunto: [EXIM] Spool directory on NFS ?

I'm interested in hearing if anyone has used exim with the spool_directory
option set to an NFS directory. I'm trying to do two things: store
the spool on NFS, and if possible share the spool directory among multiple
hosts.

Looking at the naming scheme for spool files, it doesn't seems likely that
I can get away with sharing the spool files. I'm hoping that storing the
spool for a single machine on NFS will work.

I've looked at the code in spool_out.c versus that for writing maildir
files in transports/appendfile.c. There are a few minor differences in
the syscalls uses to close files and checking of return codes, so I'm not
entirely sure if the spool writing code is NFS clean.

Any input on this is appreciated.

--
j.

James FitzGibbon                                                james@???
System Engineer, ACC TelEnterprises               Voice/Fax (416)207-7171/7123

"...much of today's software is comprised of mostly 'D' and very little 'R'"
                                                              -- Alan Cooper