Re: [EXIM] Detailed Q on Exim's delivery method

Author: Sean Witham
To: Lazlo Nibble
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [EXIM] Detailed Q on Exim's delivery method

On Fri, 20 Mar 1998, Lazlo Nibble wrote:

> As a list admin, I see it as a pretty serious problem -- It's disconcerting to
> list subscribers to suddenly be hammered with a random amount of old email
> when they join a list. I think the MTA should deliver mail to whoever was on
> the list when the mail was sent, no more, no less. But it's nice to finally
> have a formal answer to this question, which has been bugging a number of list
> admins for a *long* time.

It would be better that the list software not use the MTA distribution
list (e.g. /etc/aliases). After all anyone can post to the list
without actually subscribing to it. SmartList uses and internal dist
list and formail to feed a post for each subscriber to the MTA as it
appears that Majordomo has tools that can perform similar tasks I'd
suggest you use them.

--Sean