Re: [EXIM] shrug

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Philip Hazel
A: djc
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [EXIM] shrug
On Thu, 19 Mar 1998, Dave C. wrote:

> Since this is such an esoteric problem, PH10 rightly didnt want to put
> an option in the main exim source to support it.

Oh dear. I should have told you. It brooded around in my mind, and I
*did* put something in. It is in the current testing release (1.891). I
provided a new kind of rewriting rule which applies to an incoming SMTP
address *before* any other processing, including syntax checking.

> However, with some
> pointers from him, I managed to wedge in some code that fixes these
> addresses on the fly. (Both in the SMTP envelope sender and the header
> sender)

However, my feature works only on the envelope, not on headers.

> I have recently grabbed the new beta 1.891, and obviously needed to put
> that code in there.. When I did that, I made a simple patch file. It
> has occured to me that there is some small chance that someone else
> might have a similar (or the same) problem, so here is that patch.

Thanks for posting the patch. I think it is time I invented a Contrib
directory.