Re: [EXIM] Qmail O'Reilly book (Was: dot-qmail director)

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Sean Witham
A: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [EXIM] Qmail O'Reilly book (Was: dot-qmail director)

On Tue, 17 Mar 1998, Manar Hussain wrote:

> Just thought I'd mention that according to the bottom of
> http://www.qmail.org there will by an O'Reilly book on Qmail (by John
> Levine and Russell Nelson) out this year. (a) Shame it didn't also cover
> Exim as I'd be very interested in such a book and (b) given that it doesn't
> cover Exim - might it be worth someone exploring whether or not a published
> book on Exim would be worthwhile - Phil's excellent documentation is almost
> the book you'd want on it's own!

Exim has a good reference manual to those who already understand the
system. The only thing that is missing is some extra
introductory chapters that focus on achieving some example goals. Such
chapters would have lots of examples and with cross references to the
relevant refernce sections. The exiting manual does proving an
introduction to the Exim system and does include examples but manual
as a whole tends to cover things in rather large chunks. The
introductory chapters could gloss over the details to give a aquicker
over view of each feature and how they are use together. A bit like
the sendmail manual published by O'Reilly.

Anyone fancy publishing such a manual.

--Sean