Re: [EXIM] dot-qmail director

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Jason Gunthorpe
A: Mark Baker
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [EXIM] dot-qmail director

On Tue, 17 Mar 1998, Mark Baker wrote:

> On Mon, Mar 16, 1998 at 05:33:27PM -0700, Jason Gunthorpe wrote:
>
> > So, I am wondering what it would take to get a qmail_file director in
> > exim?
>
> Write one?

I have enough code to write already, sorry :>

> > We have discussed it and we feel that the .forward file scheme would
> > result in a loss of functionality that several of the developers use so we
> > wish to preserve .qmail support.
>
> .forward files, at least as implemented by exim, give significantly more
> functionality than .qmail does. As far as I can see even traditional
> sendmail-style .forward files don't give any less functionality unless you
> want to use multiple mailboxes.

Actually that is the main sticking point - we want that feature. Also we
do not want to be tied to exim's prorprietary filter mechanism, not to
mention that post filtering one mailbox is not as effective as sender
filtering via multiple addresses.

> A quick check shows only 19 accounts on master having files of the form

And each of those provides a fairly inportant function. There is a total
of 500 .qmail files. VA is a bit worse as it has more domains. Bruce alone
has almost 50 .qmail files!

Jason