[EXIM] dot-qmail director

Author: Jason Gunthorpe
To: exim-users
Subject: [EXIM] dot-qmail director

Hi,

I have a bit of a feature request for exim. Right now I help run the
listservers on debian.org and we use QMail. We would like to switch to a
free software product but have a very large amount of legacy qmail files
that would be very hard to switch to .forward files.

So, I am wondering what it would take to get a qmail_file director in
exim? I understand exim has support for QMail's mail dirs, as well as
support for the extension names, and the remainder of the .qmail support
is parsing and correct environment variables.

We have discussed it and we feel that the .forward file scheme would
result in a loss of functionality that several of the developers use so we
wish to preserve .qmail support.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Jason