Re: [EXIM] using smartuser to forward mail

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Richard Welty
To: Philip Hazel
CC: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [EXIM] using smartuser to forward mail
> > some of our incoming email needs to be separated out, by local part,
> > to be forwarded to an exchange server (yyeecchh.) i'm trying to set
> > up smart user to pick them out and send them on using the smtp
> > transport:

> > #transport

> > alb_001_transport:
> > driver = smtp
> > hosts = alb-001.office.albany.inet-solutions.net

> > the email is being properly picked out by the director, but the
> > transport is then determining that it is local and is freezing it in
> > the queue.

i figured it out.

the exchange server in question is located behind our firewall, and
our intent is that it not ever receive mail directly. therefore, the
lowest numbered mx record points to the exim mail hub. if i set host
address to a domain address, according to the dns lookup, it's a
local delivery, and things freeze up...

i changed the entry in the hosts parameter to an IP address,
suppressing the dns lookup, and now it's working fine.

richard
--
Richard Welty                      Chief Internet Engineer, INet Solutions
rwelty@???           http://www.inet-solutions.net/~rwelty/