Re: [EXIM] mailtool locks

Author: Andrew V. Kovalev
To: Jon Peatfield
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [EXIM] mailtool locks
Jon Peatfield wrote:
> I remember seeing a message a long time ago about mailtool leaving the spool
> file locked. At the time I didn't take any notice since I didn't think we
> still had any mailtool users, but I was wrong. Can some kind soul remind me
> what to kick to force mailtool to unlock the spool file when it isn't actually
> using it?

I was the one having troubles with braindead mailtool.. There were
suggestions on "set notlock" or "set tlock" in ~/.mailrc (equivalent to
checking button "use network file locking" in mailtool preferences) but I
didn't have any luck on this so the problem is still unsolved (currently we
are phasing out mailtool for many reasons)..

                avk

--
I always find it quite amusing that the people who think that they need HTML
to express themselves always seem to be very poor at doing so in plain text.