Re: [EXIM] Parts of an address?

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Lee McLoughlin
Cc: exim
Asunto: Re: [EXIM] Parts of an address?
On Mon, 9 Mar 1998, Lee McLoughlin wrote:

> Given a header that is an address (like a $h_from or $h_sender or even
> the message id) how in a filter do I lookup using just the hostname (or
> local) part?
>
> For the envelope sender there is $sender_address_domain and
> $sender_address_local_part. But there doesn't seem to be a general
> mechanism for getting at the parts.
>
> I've been reading thru' spec.txt and filter.txt and I just cannot find
> how to split up addresses.
>
> If anyone can suggest a way I'd be most grateful.
>
> PS: Philip if there isn't a mechanism could you perhaps consider adding
> one?

The forthcoming release of Exim has a mechanism for iterating over a
list of addresses. It picks out the "working" part of each address (i.e.
"user@domain"). If you want to pick off either part, you could do it
with a regular expression.

I suppose some operators that did the picking for you might be useful -
something like ${domain:xxxxx} and ${local_part:xxxxx}.

Idea noted.