Re: [EXIM] several messages

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Dave C.
A: Sean Witham
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [EXIM] several messages

On Fri, 27 Feb 1998, Sean Witham wrote:

> Date: Fri, 27 Feb 1998 18:23:14 +0000 (GMT)
> From: Sean Witham <Sean.Witham@???>
> To: Ephraim Silverberg <ephraim@???>
> Cc: Philip Hazel <ph10@???>, exim-users@???
> Subject: Re: [EXIM] several messages
>
> On Thu, 26 Feb 1998, Ephraim Silverberg wrote:
>
> > With regard to the language question, I am not an ISP and all my users
> > are required (as part as their studies' prerequisites) to have a good
> > reading-level knowledge of English and, hence, I do not require error

[...]

> human language. It should be sent using a standard message code that
> is translated by the mail client to the local language for the user.
> Until all MTA and all MUA use such an encoding english will have to
> do with mime attachements for local error messages in the local

OOooh! STANDARD error messages? I should have such dreams.

Unfortunately the land of dreams is about the only place such things
will happen with so many different MTAs and MUAs already deployed on so
many hosts, and look even big huge Microsoft with all sorts of
supposedly smart people cant even get their stuff to comply with
EXISTING standards.

David J. Chiodo \ Microwave Systems  \ Campbell Network Systems
 <djc@???> <davec@???>  \ 820 Monroe NW Ste 411
  Domain Administrator <dns@???>   \ Grand Rapids  MI 49503
   Customer Support <support@???>   \ 616-774-3131 <info@???>
Fax 616-774-3933    Tollfree 1-888-694-INET    http://www.cns.net