[EXIM] file locking problem

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Brad Mohning
A: exim-users
Asunto: [EXIM] file locking problem
Hello Exim Masters,

I have had Exim 1.73 running for a while now with relatively no problems. Over the weekend we upgraded our main fileserver and exim could no longer deliver mail.

Our exim server is a Sun Ultra 1/170 running Solaris 2.5.1. Our new fileserver is an Auspex running 1.9.1Z1 (a SunOS 4.1.4 variant). The end users read their mail with Sun's mailtool. The problem is that if a user has mailtool running, exim can't get a file lock on the mail file and defers delivery. If the user exits mailtool, exim can deliver just fine.

Since this configuration worked with the old fileserver, the problem must be in the new fileserver. And the main difference there is that the new fileserver negotiates the NFS version (version 2 or version 3), whereas the old one was NFS version 2 only. I must admit, I am not the shapest pencil in the drawer when it comes to differences in NFS versions.

Has anyone else experienced any similar problems? Is the file locking that much stricter in version 3? Is there an Exim configuration option to deal with this? Would upgrading to 1.82 fix this?

Also, we have another mail server running on SunOS 4.1.4 (NFS version 2) that is having no problem delivering mail.

Thanks,
Brad