Re: [EXIM] helo_verify request for feature

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Alan B. Clegg
Cc: John Henders, exim-users
Asunto: Re: [EXIM] helo_verify request for feature
On Wed, 25 Feb 1998, Alan B. Clegg wrote:

> > Already implemented in next release, which also allows underscores in
> > HELO names.
>
> But underscores are not legal in host names. Why allow them in HELO names?

Because too many M*cr*s*ft systems insist on putting them there. Quite a
few Exim users complained when I started checking the syntax of HELO in
the last release, and I had to provide a patch. It seemed easiest just
to let them through rather than invent Yet Another Option.

(This isn't the only place where Exim, in common with other MTAs, is a
bit more relaxed than a strict reading of the RFCs would permit.)