Re: [EXIM] Discrepancy? sender_host_reject_relay can be over…

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Paul Mansfield
A: Philip Hazel
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [EXIM] Discrepancy? sender_host_reject_relay can be overridden
On Wed, 25 Feb 1998, Philip Hazel wrote:
> That option might better have been
> called relay_match_host_or_sender_address. It means that *either* the
> host is acceptable, *or* the sending address (envelope from) is
> acceptable. (The default state uses AND rather than OR.) The list of
> sending addresses that are acceptable is specified in
> sender_address_relay. If it is empty, all sender addresses are
> acceptable. That is why setting
>
>        sender_host_reject_relay = *
>        relay_match_host_or_sender = true

> lets everything in. In fact, setting relay_match_host_or_sender without
> setting anything in sender_address_relay is a nonsense. I will lock out
> that combination in the next release, I think.
>
> > maybe I'm confused.
>
> I hope I've shed some light. I already had a note to add more
> explanation about sender_address_relay, so you are not the first to have
> problems. Maybe I should try to draw a flowchart-like diagram of the
> checks that Exim applies.

excellent, thanks very much for explaining what I'd come to realise.

I'm a happy un-spammable (well, nearly) chap now.

Next thing I'm going to do is try and flood an ultra/1 (512Mb RAM, fast SCSI
etc) from an ultra/2, to see what sort of load it will take. I'll post results.

thanks everyone.
Paul
----
P Mansfield, Senior SysAdmin PSINet, +44-1223-577577x2611/577611 fax:577600
"Whatever it was that wasn't wrong and couldn't be reproduced and works like
it always has...has apparently been fixed."... from a fault report.