Re: [EXIM] Spam filters and long lines in configure file

Author: Paul Mansfield
To: Philip Hazel
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [EXIM] Spam filters and long lines in configure file
On Mon, 23 Feb 1998, Philip Hazel wrote:
> Should be possible to specify it as
>
>         sender_reject_recipients="xyx@???:\
>                                   abc@???:\
>                                   "

this is what I originally tried, but much prefer to have an external file,
so that the configure file changes as little as possible... our spam filters
are updated several times per day... I have scripts to process a template
configure file, but I'd rather not risk breaking exim this way... the spam
filter lists worked and stil have to work with our sendmail anti-spam system,
so I'm having to have a half-way house :-(

> > ----2----
> > To block on the host I've used
> >    sender_host_reject_recipients = 1.2.3.4:8.9.10.11
> > and this is fine, but suffers from the problem above, namely the maximum string

> sender_net_reject_recipients = /etc/mail/exim/net_reject_list

-----

thanks for the suggestions, I have it working now how I want, I just had to
write the right scripts to turn our spam author list into something suitable
for exim (perl hackery of course)

Thanks!

Paul