[EXIM] Spam filters and long lines in configure file

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Paul Mansfield
A: exim-users
Asunto: [EXIM] Spam filters and long lines in configure file

Hiya People.
I've studied the manuals and looked through the archives and can't find
what I'm looking for. Maybe I was too brain-dead from sendmail manuals...

I'm using Exim1.82 on Sparc Solaris 2.5 wih patches, Ultra/1 with plenty
of memory and disk, a test machine.

I want to have two types of spam rejection, by author and by host.

----1----
If I block on the author using "sender_reject_recipients = ", it works if I
simple add things to the line, e.g.
    sender_reject_recipients=xyz@???:abc@???:money.com

But I find that exim won't allow lines longer than 1024 characters, and dies
if I have too long a line and "kill -HUP" it.

So, I decided to use an external file, i.e.
    sender_reject_recipients = lsearch:/opt/exim/etc/spamblock-authors
but can only make it work if the file contains one long string of
name:name:name etc, and once the string reaches 1024 bytes long it stops
working again. I tried using backslashes to extend the line, but couldn't make
it work either. I also tried
    sender_reject_recipients = partial-dbm;/opt/exim/etc/spamblock-authors
but haven't got very far with it, it doesn't reject it but doesn't actually
take notice.

If I did use DBM, what would be in the original file (in this example,
spamblock-authors.source):

    makemap dbm spamblock-authors < spamblock-authors.source

----2----
To block on the host I've used
    sender_host_reject_recipients = 1.2.3.4:8.9.10.11
and this is fine, but suffers from the problem above, namely the maximum string
length of 1024 chars. I've had no luck at all in trying to make it refer to
an external file using lsearch.

is this possible at all.

---------

I'm sure Exim really *is* capable of doing what I want, so far it looks really
good. If only our spam filters weren't so huge (we think that using Exim
with all the right options will make maintenance of our filters much easier!)

I'd be grateful for any ideas. I'm happy to use a DBM file instead of
lsearch for either - I've tried building these for exim with moderate success,
but the manual isn't clear as to what to do.

Paul
----
P Mansfield, Senior SysAdmin PSINet, +44-1223-577577x2611/577611 fax:577600
"Whatever it was that wasn't wrong and couldn't be reproduced and works like
it always has...has apparently been fixed."... from a fault report.