Re: [EXIM] Problems building Exim 1.82 on DGUX

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Ken Bailey
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [EXIM] Problems building Exim 1.82 on DGUX
On Tue, 17 Feb 1998, Ken Bailey wrote:

> I was pleased to see DGUX on the list of supported platforms for Exim,
> but I have hit problems during the build. I am trying to build Exim
> 1.82 under DGUX R4.11MU04 on a m88k machine.

I can't remember who sent in that configuration - it was some time ago -
and I do not myself have access to any DG systems.

> The distribution OS files for DGUX do not work, scripts/os-type
> returns "dgux" and scripts/arch-type returns "mc88100" on this
> platform, there is no sysexits.h or netinet/ip_var.h.

The first of those is very easy to fix, but you can in the meantime
override it by setting OSTYPE=DGUX. The lack of sysexits can be coped
with as for some other systems.

> /* Like Linux, DGUX has no netinet/ip_var.h */
>
> #define LINUX_IP_OPTIONS /* to avoid including netinet/ip_var.h in exim.h */

Aarrgghh!! No! You shouldn't set LINUX_IP_OPTIONS unless you are running
on Linux.

> perhaps unsurprisingly the compile grinds to a halt when it reaches
> smtp_in.c and the Linux exception coding :-(

Indeed.

> I'm afraid my understanding of C is too poor to unravel how DG want to
> handle the ip options. Can anybody help please?

I'm afraid I can't. I suppose you could just try not including
netinet/ip_var.h and see if you get what you need from other headers.

A less safe alternative is to cut out all the ip_options testing in
smtp_in.c, as is done when HAVE_IPV6 is set (but don't whatever you do,
set that!). However, that does open you up to some forms of abuse of
TCP/IP.

Any DG-UX experts on this list?