[EXIM] message max size

Author: Mike Fisher
To: exim-users
Subject: [EXIM] message max size
Hi. I am in the process of trying to install a cap on message size per
the request of one of our UUCP customers. However, I am having difficulty
implementing this in a fashion that:
a) only interferes with a single UUCP domain
b) tests all the mail for that domain, but only that domain.

Part 'a' seems to rule out the standard message_max_size, and part 'b'
makes the use of a system filter tricky, as I am afraid of either missing
things that ride in as a CC'd or BCC'd message OR accidentally catching
other domains' stuff if they were to be CC'd or BCC'd.

What would probably be most helpful would be something along the lines of
a router option that specifies the maximum size that the router will
allow, which would be based upon a value looked up in a file (UUCP.db).

We based our UUCP setup most closely from Mervyn Jack's UUCP description
(thank you!) described at
http://www.roads.lut.ac.uk/lists/exim-users/1997/11/0458.html
but we do not use the batchmail things.

Is what I am asking about possible? Easy to do?

Thank you.

Michael A. Fisher
Harbor Communications