Re: [EXIM] -oMr ignored?

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Moritz Both
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [EXIM] -oMr ignored?
On Fri, 13 Feb 1998, Moritz Both wrote:

> Exim 1.82
>
> A minor possible bug:
>
> It seems to me that the -oMr option is ignored by exim in some cases. When
> calling exim like this:
>
>    /usr/local/bin/exim -bS -oMr zconnect -oMs hostname

> The protocol name 'zconnect' does not appear in the received header. Insted,
> it says 'bsmtp'.

Gosh! Somebody who has tried to use -oMr. Its intended use was for
messages pushed into Exim via the command line from some other world
such as UUCP, and I never considered the case of somebody trying to set
it when using an SMTP interface.

I suppose it does make sense to allow it to be set when used with
batched SMTP, but I'm less convinced in the case of real incoming SMTP
(either via the daemon of via -bs).

If you want to hack, the place to do it is line 255 of smtp_in.c (in the
1.82 release), which reads

received_protocol = "bsmtp";

You could change this to

if (received_protocol == NULL || strcmp(received_protocol, "local-smtp") == 0)
received_protocol = "bsmtp";