Re: [EXIM] local_domains EXCEPT for a host?

Author: Chris Faehl
To: Philip Hazel
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [EXIM] local_domains EXCEPT for a host?
> On Tue, 10 Feb 1998, Chris Faehl wrote:
>
> > Hey,
> >    I scanned a few months back in the archives, and couldn't see
> > anything that looked like it might answer my question (though there
> > seemed to be a somewhat relevant thread recently).

> > I'm trying to receive mail for all cs.unm.edu, EXCEPT one host.
> >
> > So my local_domains looks like this:
> >
> > local_domains = *.cs.unm.edu:cs.unm.edu:cs
> >
> > I've a router that looks like this:
> > route_append:
> >    driver = domainlist,
> >    transport = remote_smtp;
> >    route_list = "sweat.cs.unm.edu sweat.cs.unm.edu bydns_a"

> > It's not working, because sweat.cs.unm.edu resolves to a local address
> > (I presume). How can I get this working?
>
> Use a director with a special transport:
>
> sweat_transport:
> driver = smtp
> hosts = sweat.cs.unm.edu
> gethostbyname
>
> sweat_director:
> driver = smartuser
> domains = sweat.cs.umn.edu
> transport = sweat_transport

Wow, thanks! It never would have occurred to me that I could handle this
message locally. Did the trick quite nicely.

> > Also, I thought there was something in the manual that mentioned sending
> > to parts of the domain, eg, since I'm a subdomain in cs.unm.edu, can
> > I send mail to other subdomains by saying user@math or user@eece? I can't
> > seem to find it...
>
> If your DNS resolver does such things. Or look at the widen_domains
> option of lookuphost.

This worked also. Thanks so much (I really think your documentation is
superb, I simply have a hard time finding exactly what I'm looking for
in it without rereading the whole thing).

> --
> Philip Hazel                   University Computing Service,
> ph10@???             New Museums Site, Cambridge CB2 3QG,
> P.Hazel@???          England.  Phone: +44 1223 334714

> --
> *** Exim information can be found at http://www.exim.org/ ***

Chris Faehl                  | Email: cfaehl@???
The University of New Mexico          | URL:   http://www.cs.unm.edu/~cfaehl
Computer Science Dept., Rm. FEC 313   | Phone: 505/277-3526
Albuquerque, NM  87131  USA           | FAX:   505/277-6927