Re: [EXIM] Conditional header rewriting

Author: Torsten Curdt
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [EXIM] Conditional header rewriting
Jeffrey Goldberg wrote:
> I am rewriting From lines, so that, for example
>    cc047@???
> will come out as
>    J.Goldberg@???
> This is working just fine, and was very easy to configure, with

> *@partial-lsearch;/usr/info/exim/tables/urwhosts        \
>         ${lookup{${lc:$1}}dbm{/usr/info/exim/tables/users}\
>         {$value}fail}@??? f

> I also want to rewrite header recipient lines for the domain part as
> follows:
>
> *@partial-lsearch;/usr/info/exim/tables/urwhosts $1@??? tcb
>
> But, I want to do that rewriting (of recipient headers) if and only if
> the message is from the hosts listed in urwhosts.
> It stricks me that it must be easy to have something early in my rewriting
> rules that has the effect of
> if(! partial-lsearch;urwhosts ) fail fq

I guess we have a similar problem! I have a local net temporary
connected to
the internet. I like all outgoing (and only outgoing!) messages to be
rewritten
with the original ISP's mail adresses! So a there's always a correct
from-line!
The delivery in the LAN is supposed be untouched!

I've tried and read a lot ... But don't really have an idea how!
Does anyone have ?