Re: [EXIM] Confused about MX looping.

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Jeffrey Goldberg
A: Nigel Metheringham
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [EXIM] Confused about MX looping.
On Mon, 9 Feb 1998, Nigel Metheringham wrote:

> What I think you need to do is this:-
>
> 1. Local domains is set to nothing (or domains that *really* are local).

That is already the case. There are just a handful of local domains.

> 3. set relaying as follows:-
>     relay_domains =
>     relay_domains_include_local_mx
>     no_relay_match_host_or_sender
>     sender_address_relay =
>     sender_host_accept_relay =
>     sender_host_reject_relay =
>     sender_net_accept_relay = 127.0.0.1/8
>     sender_net_reject_relay =

Hmm. I'm not sure that I understand all of that. What I have is

relay_domains = *.cranfield.ac.uk
sender_host_accept_relay = *.cranfield.ac.uk
sender_net_accept_relay = 138.250.0.0/16

So, although rmcs.cranfield.ac.uk (for which we are an MX backup) is
not among the local_domains it is amoung the relay_domains.

> This is actually the default other than setting "relay_domains_include_loca
> l_mx"

I'm not entirely happy with relay_domains_include_local_mx since it means
that anyone could have us do MX backup service for them without asking us.
Of course that is unlikely, since we could retaliate by
eating/reading/changing their mail, but I have grown paranoid over the
past year.

> } With sendmail there was a mailertable file in which I would list something
> } like
> }
> }    rmcs.cranfield.ac.uk         smtp:[gate.rmcs.cranfield.ac.uk]
> }
> } Do I need a router like this?

> No - the DNS gives you that information, why replicate it.

Great. I always thought that I was specifying redundent information in
the mailertable.

-j
--
Jeffrey Goldberg                +44 (0)1234 750 111 x 2826
 Cranfield Computer Centre      FAX         751 814