[EXIM] Exim, POPMail and the world..

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Chris Sleep
A: exim-users
Asunto: [EXIM] Exim, POPMail and the world..
Hi,

I would like to upgrade our central mail hub to run exim and have come
across a potential problem with the DOS 'popmail' program.

Our central mailserver hosts unix mail and pop services for our staff
. Unfortunately we still have some very old, non windows capable PC's around
which are still in use, however - so far, I have not been able to successfully
use a popmail client to send messages - following the popmail trace, it seems
that the client connects to the smtp server, but then times out while waiting
for <220 >.

I have to admit that I have no prior experience of popmail, but given the
number of sites switching to exim, is there anyone out there who has come
across this problem before, and if so, can you point me in the right
direction?

cheers,

Chris Sleep,
Unix Manager