[EXIM] headers_sender_verify

Author: Jonathan Knight
To: exim-users
Subject: [EXIM] headers_sender_verify

Exim version 1.70

I'm having some trouble with header_sender_verify. With this feature turned
on and with no mention of headers_check_syntax and headers_checks_fail I
would expect that the From, Sender or reply-to addresses that are invalid
would not be accepted by exim. However this is not the case

What I want to stop is the spam mail from made up domain names to
non-existant users cluttering my system. The error message that is created
by exim to say that the user is unknown (on our mail gateway) cannot be sent
because the From: address is invalid. There is no Sender or Reply-To
address in the example I'm looking at.

Am I trying to get the right feature working?

--
  ______    Internet  :jonathan@???   Jonathan Knight,
    /       UUCP      :...!uknet!kl-cs!jonathan  Department of Computer Science