Re: [EXIM] ETRN and RFC 1985 revisted

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Dom Mitchell
A: Philip Hazel
Cc: Tabor J. Wells, exim-users
Asunto: Re: [EXIM] ETRN and RFC 1985 revisted
On 5 February 1998, Philip Hazel proclaimed:
> On Thu, 5 Feb 1998, Tabor J. Wells wrote:
> > We're going to be
> > ditching sendmail in favor of exim on our relays in the near future, and
> > the current implementation of ETRN in exim will break some of our dialup
> > SMTP customers where their gateways issue ETRN in the form of "@domain" or
> > just "domain".
>
> It's a trivial hack to the code to fudge it for @. Line 2192 of
> src/smtp_in.c contains
>
>     if (smtp_data[0] != '#')

> If you change this to
>
>     if (smtp_data[0] != '#' && smtp_data[0] != '@')

> then it will treat @ the same as #.

You also have to take it into consideration a few lines further down,
where it prints out information into the smtp stream. You sometimes
lose a character otherwise. Mail me for th patch I used. Bloody
M Sexchange which caused me to need it in the first place...
--
Dom Mitchell -- Demon Internet Ltd.
hdm@??? -- Systems Administrator, Mail & News Team.