Re: [EXIM] Flogging a deceased equine

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Stuart Lynne
A: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [EXIM] Flogging a deceased equine
In article <Pine.NEB.3.95.980205081716.338S-100000@???>,
Alan Barrett <apb@???> wrote:
>> = When the same user connects to your SMPT server
>> = (within a few minutes after authenticating to your POP server), your SMTP
>> = server allows them to relay outgoing messages. (I don't know how to make
>> = exim do the last part. sender_net_accept_relay="lsearch;/some/file"
>> = doesn't seem to work.)
>>
>> It has to be faster than a few minutes. Lots of remote users I know
>> dial in, download new mail, hang up, compose offline, and reconnect
>> to send it. They would be ticked if they had to wait minutes to send.
>
>I think you misunderstood where the "few minutes" happens. Their IP
>address would immediately get added to the list of valid addresses, and
>would be removed a few minutes later (to protect against spam from a
>different user who later happens to get the same IP address).
>
>> Can you do it with identd?
>
>Certainly not! identd answers the question "what information does the
>sysadmin feel like providing about this connection", not anything like
>"what is the real user name".
>
>Philip: Please could we be allowed to do "lsearch;/some/file" in
>sender_net_accept_relay.

The simplest design I can think of would be to have a dbm file that
stored a timestamp of last POP time with a key of the IP address.

Then extend sender_net_accept_relay to allow lookup IP address in
a DBM file and allow relay if timestamp is less than N seconds old.

A perl script to tail a pop log to insert the timestamps is only
a few lines of code. As is a script to clean out old data.

You wouldn't have to be very agressive about cleaning out
the dbm file. Once a week or so would suffice.

Very low impact on performance for both maintainence of the list
and for checking it.

--
Stuart Lynne <sl@???>      604-916-4741      <http://www.poste.com>
PGP Fingerprint: 28 E2 A0 15 99 62 9A 00  88 EC A3 EE 2D 1C 15 68