Re: [EXIM] Flogging a deceased equine

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Alan Barrett
A: Sherwood Botsford
Cc: Exim List
Asunto: Re: [EXIM] Flogging a deceased equine
> = When the same user connects to your SMPT server
> = (within a few minutes after authenticating to your POP server), your SMTP
> = server allows them to relay outgoing messages. (I don't know how to make
> = exim do the last part. sender_net_accept_relay="lsearch;/some/file"
> = doesn't seem to work.)
>
> It has to be faster than a few minutes. Lots of remote users I know
> dial in, download new mail, hang up, compose offline, and reconnect
> to send it. They would be ticked if they had to wait minutes to send.

I think you misunderstood where the "few minutes" happens. Their IP
address would immediately get added to the list of valid addresses, and
would be removed a few minutes later (to protect against spam from a
different user who later happens to get the same IP address).

> Can you do it with identd?

Certainly not! identd answers the question "what information does the
sysadmin feel like providing about this connection", not anything like
"what is the real user name".

Philip: Please could we be allowed to do "lsearch;/some/file" in
sender_net_accept_relay.

--apb (Alan Barrett)